News 12 Unveils New 40,000 Ft² Studio in Bethpage, New York
New York (May 5, 2023) – News 12, the Emmy Award-winning network and leading source of hyperlocal news in the tri-state area, today announces the launch of its brand-new 40,000 ft² state-of-the-art studio in Bethpage, New York, boasting advanced production technology and a spacious and modern newsroom.
The revamped space consists of five broadcast studios including a Weather Hub studio, two midsize studios, and two large studios, all with newly designed and modern sets. Each studio has multiple large seamless monitor walls, an anchor desk, a working Weather Center, a “Breaking News” Alert Center and additional monitor areas for anchors to “walk and talk” as they deliver and visually illustrate hyperlocal news coverage to viewers across the tri-state.
To celebrate the grand opening, News 12 hosted a ribbon-cutting ceremony with parent company Altice USA’s CEO Dennis Mathew and President of its News and Advertising division Keith Bowen. The ribbon-cutting ceremony was followed by a celebration at the Company’s Bethpage office with hundreds of guests including, News 12 talent, News 12 employees, Altice and Optimum employees, local elected officials, local business owners, advertisers and distribution partners who were also invited to tour the new studio space.
“We are thrilled to officially open our brand-new News 12 studio and see the investments we are making toward our award-winning hyperlocal News 12 Network come to life,” said Kristin Malaspina, SVP and Chief Content Officer, News 12 and Altice News. “With advanced technology and more modernized spaces, we are excited to enhance our visual storytelling and continue to bring the best hyperlocal news coverage to our viewers on Long Island and across the tri-state area. We’re also proud to provide this space to our incredible talent and staff across News 12 so they can have the very best technology and studio to bring our communities the very best news and information they need.”
Additional features of News 12’s studios and production capabilities include:
- Flash cameras for breaking news coverage.
- Multiple Production Control Rooms with advanced automation and technology for high-quality broadcasts, graphics, weather and more.
- Crew vehicles equipped with power inverters to enable teams to work out of mobile “offices” from any of the News 12 communities.
- Thunderbolt 12 mobile weather and storm tracking vehicle with live reporting capability.
- Editing and Technical Operations Center with numerous fiber connections to pull in news feeds, breaking news and video from across the region and nation.
- Massive Broadcast Equipment Center featuring the latest news production technology and backup and redundant systems to ensure high-quality video signals and continuity of broadcast in the case of a system failure.