Message from Chairman and CEO Dennis Mathew on One-Year Anniversary
Today marks one year since I joined Altice USA as CEO and began our transformational journey to make Optimum the connectivity provider of choice in every community we serve.
To our employees – thank you for your hard work and dedication. It is your unwavering commitment to our telecommunications, news, and advertising services that enables millions of customers to be connected and informed.
To our customers – I remain steadfast in my commitment to investing in the experiences we deliver so you can live your best lives. In the last year, I am proud of the progress we made in improving your customer experience, from strengthening our network to launching digital-first tools and more, and it’s just the beginning.
To our communities – we exist to have a positive impact in every single community we serve. Our new regional structure is enabling us to make more meaningful connections with you, and we continue to look for ways to drive broadband accessibility, STEM learning opportunities, and support for local businesses across our footprint so that everyone has access to what they need.
While I could list hundreds of accomplishments over the last 365 days, I specifically want to call out some highlights:
- Elevated our Employee Experience and Customer Experience, by listening to both our customers and employees and making service and support changes that are resulting in improved satisfaction across the board;
- Doubled down on our community commitments, by giving back through partnerships like DonorsChoose and FIRST Robotics and receiving recognition for being a great place to work;
- Introduced our Optimum Market Structure, with regional leadership dedicated to meeting the unique needs of our local markets and local communities;
- Launched 8 Gig Symmetrical Fiber internet service, becoming the nation’s largest 8 Gig internet provider;
- Upgraded and strengthened our broadband networks, now delivering 1 Gig speeds to nearly 95% of our national footprint;
- Unveiled Optimum Complete, our Internet + Mobile offering that delivers exceptional value for customers and complete connectivity in and out of the home;
- Advanced our entertainment portfolio by launching Optimum Stream as our marquee video experience with more content, features, and functionality than ever before;
- Expanded our product set for small and medium businesses to bring advanced enterprise tools to smaller operations;
- Enhanced our customer communications tools and channels, providing more touchpoints during onboarding and increased digital self-service support options;
- Racked up awards for our news and advertising brands, which are delivering the need-to-know news and reach our clients and viewers demand;
…And these are just a few of the moments that make me incredibly proud of where we are and how far we’ve come. There is no place I’d rather be – bring on year two!
Chairman & CEO, Altice USA, parent company of Optimum, News 12, Cheddar News, and a4 advertising